[Haskell-cafe] Library Process (was Building "production stable" software in Haskell)

David Menendez zednenem at psualum.com
Thu Sep 20 10:33:21 EDT 2007

On 9/18/07, Sven Panne <sven.panne at aedion.de> wrote:
> Although this statement might be a bit heretical on this list, I'll have to
> repeat myself again that Cabal, cabal-install, cabal-whatever will *never* be
> the right tool for the end user to install Haskell packages on platforms with
> their own packaging systems like RPM (the same holds for other systems, I
> just use RPM as an example here).

Does RPM, etc., deal with the fact that Haskell library installations
are specific to a particular platform?

If I install GHC and some library, and later install Hugs or a later
GHC, how easy is it to make sure the library is available to the new
installations?

--
Dave Menendez <dave at zednenem.com>
<http://www.eyrie.org/~zednenem/>