[Haskell-cafe] Building "production stable" software in Haskell

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 12:08:46 EDT 2007

Hi

> okay, but this fails in some cases. i wrote a package to obtain
> financial quotes. yahoo changed the webservice url on me. i rolled out
> a change within a day. in your model, people suffer a broken service
> for two weeks.

I don't think Yahoo will change the syntax or semantics of filepaths
anytime soon :-)

If a new operating system (say Vista) had changed the semantics of
filepaths then that would have been a fix, not a change, and provided
it doesn't alter the behaviour for others then that would have been a
bug fix that went in immediately. The code review is for interfaces -
internal details are a bit more free, and clear bug fixes are not
voted upon.

Thanks

Neil