[Haskell-cafe] Building "production stable" software in Haskell

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Mon Sep 17 11:50:13 EDT 2007

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 07:54:02AM -0700, David Roundy wrote:

> cabal-install may help, but what I'd really want is packaging in debian.
> That's my (biased, because I used debian) standard of a "maintained, useful
> library."  It's obviously a biased standard, but it isn't too hard for a
> package to get into debian, and if it *does* get into debian, it suggests
> someone cares about it.  I don't like requiring obscure packages that
> perhaps have no code review, and perhaps have no users other than the
> author.

I'm hoping that at some point we will have something similar to
    http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes
where for questions like "how do I import graphics" and "what should I
use to write a letter" particular packages are recommended, and reasons
for choosing one over another are given. I've found this invaluable when
doing LaTeX stuff.

Thanks
Ian