[Haskell-cafe] Data.Binary Endianness

Sven Panne sven.panne at aedion.de
Sat Sep 15 07:20:57 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 11 September 2007 09:17, Don Stewart wrote:
> Just in case people didn't see, the `binary' package lives on
>
> 	http://darcs.haskell.org/binary/
>
> However, Lennart Kolmodin, Duncan and I are actively maintaining and
> reviewing patches, so send them to one (or all) of us for review.

Is there any deep reason why "binary" is not below "packages" like almost all
other packages? The toplevel directory is already a complete mess, so a
little bit more structure would be good. So I propose the following:
Move "binary" to "packages/binary", update any references to the old URL and
use a symlink on darcs.haskell.org for backwards compatibility (this should
be nuked in a few months or so).

Cheers,
   S.