[Haskell-cafe] Memory leak or wrong use of Array ?

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Fri Sep 14 21:51:06 EDT 2007

On Sep 14, 2007, at 21:35 , L.Guo wrote:

> Thanks for your advice about thunk, though I do not understand *thunk*
> very well. Is there any other discriptions about thunk ?

A "thunk" is, in general, a piece of code which represents a
suspended or delayed action.  In Haskell, it represents a lazy
computation:  Haskell will only evaluate the code if the value is
actually needed, and even then only just enough to satisfy the
immediate need (thus, the result of evaluating a thunk may be a
value, or another thunk).

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu