[Haskell-cafe] Monad.Reader 8: Haskell, the new C++

Peter Verswyvelen bf3 at telenet.be
Thu Sep 13 16:12:50 EDT 2007

This is all very cool stuff, but sometimes I wander if it isn't possible
to drop the special languages for fiddling with types, and introduce
just a single language which has no types, only raw data from which you
can built your own "types" (as in the old days when we used macro
assemblers ;-), but the language has two special keywords: static and
dynamic, where code annotated with static runs in the "compiler domain",
and code annotated with dynamic runs in "application domain". Of course,
I don't know much about this, so this idea might be totally insane ;-)
Probably this is impossible because of the halting problem or something...