[Haskell-cafe] Re: Tiny documentation request

manu emmanuel.delaborde at citycampus.com
Wed Sep 12 03:58:09 EDT 2007

On Sep 11, 2007, at 9:58 PM, Miguel Mitrofanov wrote:

> Well, I'm not a web designer, but I did work with few of them, and it
> seems to me that you either create a table design in two hours or
> spend three days trying to create a CSS one and THEN create a table
> design in two hours.

That's an exaggeration.
It's widely accepted than tables can straightforwardly be dropped in
most cases.
They are intented to be used to present tabular datas, NOT for layout.
(This ideas is not new, Zeldman talked about it in 2001)
It does require a bit of CSS-Fu, however, as  CSS support in browsers
varies...
But hey, you've got to occupy these HTML-CSS guys !

Emmanuel