[Haskell-cafe] Tiny documentation request

Adrian Hey ahey at iee.org
Tue Sep 11 17:48:20 EDT 2007

Jules Bean wrote:
> Andrew Coppin wrote:
>> OTOH, I recently discovered that GHCi has the ability to show you
>> what's defined in a given module without me having to wait 40 seconds
>> for Firefox to start... Shame you can't scroll its output. (And still
>> no help if you're not sure of the module name.)
>
> !!!
>
> Run ghci in an environment with a scroll buffer then? Like a
> non-braindead terminal application, or emacs? (The latter even gives you
> convenient reverse-incremental-search to search through the info you
> just printed)

I don't know if Andrew is a windows user, but if so he might not be
aware that even with the (otherwise braindead) command window the
number of lines buffered is a configurable property (on WinXP at least).
I have it set to 1000 lines.

The other thing I've found that makes the use of command line tools
a lot less painful than it would otherwise be in windows is the
"Open Command Window Here" Power Toy..

It's still nowhere near as good as the old XTree though :-(

Regards
--
Adrian Hey