[Haskell-cafe] haskell and reflection

Greg Meredith lgreg.meredith at biosimilarity.com
Tue Sep 11 12:43:39 EDT 2007

Jules,

Thanks for these comments. i wouldn't judge Haskell solely on the basis of
whether it embraced reflection as an organizing computational principle or
as a toolbox for programmers. Clearly, you can get very far without it. And,
it may be that higher-order functional gives you enough of the 'programs
that build programs' capability that 80% of the practical benefits of
reflection are covered -- without having to take on the extra level of
complexity that reflection adds to typing. i was really just seeking
information.

Best wishes,

--greg

--