[Haskell-cafe] Building "production stable" software in Haskell

Peter Verswyvelen bf3 at telenet.be
Tue Sep 11 07:59:40 EDT 2007

> That's a really weird statement, and one that goes completely opposite
> to my view of things. Do you have sources for these rumours? In a pure
> language, if you evaluate some code it will do exactly the same thing
> every time - there is no different behaviour. If you test the code,

Sorry, I did not express myself correctly I guess. I did not mean different
behavior regarding the results that are computed (because that's the great
thing about Haskell; this is called "referentially transparent" isn't it?),
but I meant different time/space behavior. I'm not sure where I read this
"rumor", but if I recall correctly, it had to do with FRP (functional
reactive programming), where it was stated that is was really difficult to
make sure that no space/time leaks occurred when the user started combining
functions in some way. But I might have understood it incorrectly; after
all, I'm still in the learning process.

Peter