[Haskell-cafe] Tiny documentation request

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 10 16:44:02 EDT 2007

Neil Mitchell wrote:
> Hi
>
> re: Hoogle not always getting it exactly right, there are a few known
> bugs floating around which I'm working on. Hoogle can permute the
> order of arguments though, so that shouldn't be a problem. It doesn't
> really like Monads, but I wrote Hoogle before I was aware of
> higher-kinded type classes, so its understandable...

Overall, I think Hoogle is an increadibly neat tool. I've never seen
anything else like it. (But then, how many other languages let you
virtually figure out what a function does just by its type signature?)

I shudder to think what Hoogle will be like if they ever get round to
adding MPTCs, ATs, rank-Ns and existential types to the language
standard... Good luck with searching for that! ;-)

OOC, how big is Hoogle and how long did it take to do?