[Haskell-cafe] Installation of GLUT package

Paul L ninegua at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 08:35:05 EDT 2007

On 9/9/07, Ronald Guida <ronguida at mindspring.com> wrote:
> Good news:
>
> I abandoned GLUT and looked at GLFW.  I had similar problems getting
> GLFW to work with GHC and GHCi.  After a bunch of hacking, I got GLFW
> to work for me.

Glad to hear it, but please let me know what problems you had.

GLFW doesn't require MinGW/MSYS to compile. But since you have MinGW,
you need to make sure PATH contains ghc-lib directory, and it must
come before MinGW's path, because GHC and MinGW may be using different
binutils.

> I have to invoke GHCi with the command line [1] and I have to invoke
> the compiler like [2], but hey, it works :)
>
>  [1] "ghci <myfile.hs> glfw_hack.o -lopengl32 -lglu32"
>  [2] "ghc --make <myfile.hs> glfw_hack.o -lopengl32 -lglu32"

It seems that you have not been able to install the GLFW module. Which
step of the Setup.hs configure/build/intall went wrong?

Regards
Paul Liu