[Haskell-cafe] Elevator pitch for Haskell.

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 15:04:10 EDT 2007

Hi

Data.Binary is the answer, http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/binary.html

>> The Unix stuff does all this, and the win32 stuff does it on Windows.
> Mmm... looks lovely. Any danger of documentation?

msdn.microsoft.com - if you know the C API, you can figure out the
Haskell one. No one should ever have to learn the Win32 API though,
its horrible.

> Still, everybody keeps muttering that "functional is the next big
> thing", and Erlang is taking over the world, so many Haskell's day will
> come.

I quite like the fact that I'm massively more productive than most
other programmers - at the end of the day that's what will make me
worth more money and happier than everyone else. Haskell might never
be popular, that's fine by me - I like elegance much more than
cheerleading :-) *

Thanks

Neil

* Of course, all the cheerleading leads to more libraries which makes
me more productive and happier, so its all a win in the end.