[Haskell-cafe] Re: Typeclasses and implicit parameters

Chung-chieh Shan ccshan at post.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 6 09:50:10 EDT 2007

ajb at spamcop.net wrote in article <20070906064921.86dtrwt0v4go4s08 at webmail.spamcop.net> in gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe:
> That higher-rank type makes all the difference.

Yes.  You can even do this portably, using nothing "unsafe", with Dylan
Thurston's technique:

Oleg Kiselyov and Chung-chieh Shan. 2004. Functional pearl: Implicit
configurations -- or, type classes reflect the value of types. In
Proceedings of the 2004 Haskell workshop, 33-44. New York: ACM Press.
http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~ccshan/prepose/

--
Edit this signature at http://www.digitas.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/ken/sig
We're not "teaching Scheme."  I spend about an hour teaching Scheme,