[Haskell-cafe] Re: Elevator pitch for Haskell.

jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr
Wed Sep 5 07:48:05 EDT 2007

Simon Marlow writes:

> Ketil Malde wrote:
>>> WARNING: Learning Haskell is dangerous to your health!
>>
>> :-)  I liked that so much I made a hazard image to go with it.
>> http://malde.org/~ketil/Hazard_lambda.svg
>
> Cool! Can we have a license to reuse that image?  (I want it on a T-shirt)

People, are you crazy, with my deepest respect and friendliness...
You want to frighten newbies? it seems that they have already a good dose
of allergy...

Some of them may *really* believe in that IRC citation, that Haskell is
bad since it makes people hate other languages.

Actually, Haskell encouraged me to look more profoundly into other languages
such as Parsertongue,
and, well, you know better than myself that a good wizard is morally not
allowed to hate Muggles. Unless they become a nuisance. And a good wizard
is sweet as a lamb, and Unforgivable Spells like "Monado!" are to be used
only when unavoidable.

Please be kind and cheerful. Don't attept to say to innocent that what
is on this picture
http://www.mansfield.ohio-state.edu/~sabedon/images/lambda_twins.jpg
are Dark Marks...

Jerzy Karczmarczuk