[Haskell-cafe] Installation of GLUT package

Sven Panne sven.panne at aedion.de
Tue Sep 4 12:37:21 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 04 September 2007 15:37, Paul L wrote:
> The detection of freeglut or glut is at compile time by checking if
> some function exists. Otherwise it's not able to link. So you'll have
> to re-compile the Haskell GLUT package.

Show me the code where the alleged tests are made, please... :-) The only
things which are determined at build time are the linker options for linking
OpenGL/GLUT applications and the calling convention on the platform in
question. If you change your GLUT DLL to a freeglut DLL, everything should
work, including freeglut extensions. If not, I consider this as a bug and
I'll try to fix it. But to see what's going on, some logs, commandlines, etc.
are needed to reproduce what other people have done.

For a more detailed discussion, perhaps the hopengl list might be more
appropriate.

Cheers,
   S.