[Haskell-cafe] Update on monad subexpressions

Chris Smith cdsmith at twu.net
Mon Sep 3 14:36:49 EDT 2007

I know a lot of you are very interested in my planned work on
implementing monad subexpressions -- that is, (<- f) notation -- in the
GHC compiler.  Unfortunately, it's becoming clear that I'm not going to
get to it any time soon.  Between having a full time job, being a full
time student, applying to graduate schools, and some volunteer work that
I'm not willing to give up, I simply have no remaining time, and won't
until about December or later.

If someone else wants to pick up this project, please go for it.
Otherwise, I'll get to it when I do.

Sorry!

--
Chris Smith