[Haskell-cafe] Why can't Haskell be faster?

manu emmanuel.delaborde at citycampus.com
Wed Oct 31 06:34:37 EDT 2007

>> From what I've seen of Clean it seems almost like Haskell. It even
>>
> distributes a Haskell->Clean translator so the obvious question is,
> why is Haskell slower?

It's also something I've wondered about, and I'm curious about the
answer...

One of the differences between Haskell and Clean is how side-effects
are allowed
(Uniqueness Types for Clean, and Monadic I/O for Haskell)

GHC also supports a lot of extensions beyong Haskell98.

Does it explain the difference in performances ? I don't know...

Experts please !

Manu