[Haskell-cafe] Embedding the GHC API

pepe mnislaih at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 05:14:31 EDT 2007

Austin Seipp has written about this in his blog:

http://austin.youareinferior.net/?q=node/29

"I will take this time to point out that using the GHC API in your
applications results in *large* executables. The Interact example
above when compiled with vanilla --make options resulted in a whopping
17mb executable. I've observed however you can mitigate this by an
enormous amount using the tools strip and gzexe, taking it down to a
light 2.5mb (a size reduction of about 85%)"

Cheers
pepe