[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Image manipulation

Tim Chevalier catamorphism at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 21:30:04 EDT 2007

On 10/29/07, Stefan O'Rear <stefanor at cox.net> wrote:
> The OP specified that the images are around 5M in size, and need to be
> rescaled, so we're talking about quite a bit of computation per shellout
> (tens to hundreds of megacycles).  Are context switches that slow?

I don't know. I'd have to do the experiment before I could give an
answer to that. But yeah, if I were the OP, I would probably start by
trying to write a shell script (or a simple Haskell program with calls
to "system") to do what I wanted, and see if that was adequate.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Chevalier * catamorphism.org * Often in error, never in doubt
"Work a little bit harder on improving your low self-esteem, you