[Haskell-cafe] Fusing foldr's

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 07:44:27 EDT 2007

Hello Josef,

>> that can maybe account for the additional time savings. I'm not sure
>> how to verify that this is the case though.
>>
> Bulat kindly suggested I use +RTS -s to monitor the garbage collectors
> behavior. It seems my hypothesis was right.

you may also look at these data:

  1,225,416 bytes allocated in the heap
    152,984 bytes copied during GC (scavenged)
      8,448 bytes copied during GC (not scavenged)
     86,808 bytes maximum residency (1 sample(s))

          3 collections in generation 0 (  0.00s)
          1 collections in generation 1 (  0.00s)

if your hypothesis is true, amount of data copied and number of
generation-1 collection should be much less in the second case

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com