[Haskell-cafe] Re: Linking problems with a fresh gtk2hs build

Olivier Boudry olivier.boudry at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 12:30:12 EDT 2007

More info on this problem:

I rebuilt the whole stuff using exactly the same method and working from a
new extract of the sources. Now I get the same kind of error but on another
object. This error looks a bit random!?!

nm.exe libHSgtk.a > /dev/null
C:\MinGW\bin\nm.exe: TextView__112.o: File format not recognized

I checked the other libraries and they all look OK except libHSgtk.a

Could it have something to do with split objects? I have hundreds of
TextView__... objects. I'm no trying to rebuild the whole stuff with
--disable-split-objs.

Olivier.