[Haskell-cafe] Re: Hiding side effects in a data structure

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Thu Oct 25 19:31:54 EDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 10:01:37AM +0100, Jon Fairbairn wrote:
> That sort of misses my point. Given the length of time I've
> been involved with it, I hardly need encouragement to use
> Haskell, but if even I find getting to the documentation
> off-putting, having to know a trick to do it isn't exactly
> going to draw the reluctant programmer away from its bad
> language habits.

Heh, the plethora of pdf papers on Haskell is part of what originally
brought me to respect it. Something about that metafont painted cmr
just makes me giddy as a grad student. A beautifully rendered type
inference table is a masterful work of art.

Did I mention I was a little odd? I am sure I did.

    John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈