[Haskell-cafe] Re: How much of Haskell was possible 20 years ago?

jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr
Sun Oct 21 15:52:54 EDT 2007

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH writes:

> jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr wrote:

>> It seems you decided to ignore my message. OK.
>
> Whoa there!  Why assume malice?  I got both his quoted response and  your
> message at about the same time,

Gosh, I am not assuming any malice, I am too old for that...
I could have thought, since it has happened already, that Mauricio, or
whoever *dismisses* Gofer, as something so old that it couldn't be possibly
related to modern languages. Mind you, Mark Jones did it before 1994, when
the paper reporting the implementation has been written. Several guys here
were not born yet. OK, don't shout, I know I exaggerate...

What I found somehow funny, with all respect, is the combination: 20 years
ago, which means '87, and miserable 4M of memory. At that time 4M on a
personal computer was not so frequent, at least in Europe.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk