[Haskell-cafe] How much of Haskell was possible 20 years ago?

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Sun Oct 21 15:02:49 EDT 2007

On Oct 21, 2007, at 14:40 , Maurí cio wrote:

> I like Haskell, and use it as my main
> language. However, compiling a Haskell program
> usually takes a lot of memory and CPU. So I was

To some extent this is just a matter of Haskell not having been
around that long ago:  as ghc evolves, it's been getting better about
this.  Before ghc snapshots stopped being able to compile themselves
(*grumble* --- is this fixed yet?) I found that ghc 6.7 compiling
itself didn't do nearly as much violence to my desktop machine as
compiling 6.7 (or 6.8pre or 6.9) with ghc 6.4 / 6.6 / 6.6.1.

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu