[Haskell-cafe] Hiding side effects in a data structure

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Oct 19 13:35:04 EDT 2007

I realise belatedly that my message might have sounded dismissive.  My apologies; it wasn't intended to be.  Good ideas are just that: good.  Reinventing them is a sign of good taste.

As to documenting GHC, we try to do that by writing papers.  That's easy to motivate because we get research brownie points for papers.  We also put quite a bit of effort into the Commentary, but it's hard to keep up to date.  The Commentary is a Wiki though, so anyone who discovers some coolness can add a description to the Wiki.   Please do!

Simon