[Haskell-cafe] Why doesn't Hackage link to Haddock documentation anymore?

Ross Paterson ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Fri Oct 19 09:52:41 EDT 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 11:31:06AM +0200, Johan Tibell wrote:
> Maybe I'm seeing things but from what I remember packages that used to
> have links to Haddock documentation in their exported modules list no
> longer has. It's a super useful feature! What happened to those
> packages?

Documentation generation is still haphazard, but I don't think any
have been removed.  Often newer versions of packages have been added
and either the documentation for the new version hasn't been generated
yet or the build fails for some reason.  Some new versions fail because
they depend on packages that will be included with GHC 6.8, but have
not yet been released.  An example is binary-0.4, though the docs for
the earlier versions are still there.