[Haskell-cafe] Tutorial: Curry-Howard Correspondence

Dan Weston westondan at imageworks.com
Thu Oct 18 17:46:03 EDT 2007

It was I that he quoted, and now I am totally flummoxed:

thm1 :: (a -> a) -> a
thm1 f = let x = f x in x

 > thm1 (const 1)
1

I *thought* that the theorem ((a => a) => a) is not derivable (after
all, 0^(0^0) = 0^1 = 0), but it appears somehow that thm1 is a proof of
its type.

Help, I just unlearned everything I ever thought I new about the C-H
correspondence!