[Haskell-cafe] On the verge of ... giving up!

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 18 13:59:13 EDT 2007

Steven Fodstad wrote:

> FWIW, other people feel about Haskell the way you feel about calculus
> and the continuation monad, and your opinions of these other powerful,
> but difficult, tools is what got you into this mess.

On the contrary, other people's misinterpretation of my opinions on
these matters is what got me into this mess.

I could go into a lengthy explanation, but I'll probably just be
misunderstood again. So let's leave it here.

> academics don't like hearing that their life's work is useless.

Being positively surrounded by people who think Haskell is pointless, I
certainly have I fair idea how that feels...