[Haskell-cafe] Do you trust Wikipedia?

jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr
Thu Oct 18 11:18:26 EDT 2007

David Barton writes:

> The trustworthy articles on Wikipedia have references that can be checked,
> and read.  The ones without references are not to be trusted......

Let's apply (illegally) some recursive reasoning.
Why should we trust Dave Barton? He didn't give any references either!

Seriously.
*PLEASE*, show me untrustworthy Wikipedia pages. But NOT stub pages, visibly
waiting to be completed.
I do not claim that there aren't any. Encyclopaedia Britannica is not
checked by the Almighty either...

But I dont like accusations without explicit proofs. There are constant
revisions of W_P, and established protocols to solve disputes. And, remember
that already the invitation to editing says plainly that articles without
references are routinely removed.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk