[Haskell-cafe] building hslogger

Chris Hayden chayden at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 18:01:15 EDT 2007

Hello!

I'm trying to build the most recent version of hslogger and have run
into some issues.  Below is the error message I receive.  (I see that
the same error has come up elsewhere:
http://haskell.galois.com/packages/archive/hslogger/1.0.2/log).

The hslogger (http://software.complete.org/hslogger) website indicates
that questions should be posted here - I apologize if this is the
wrong venue.

Thank you,
Chris

runhaskell Setup.hs configure

Setup.hs:19:35:
    Couldn't match expected type `(Either GenericPackageDescription
                                          PackageDescription,
                                   HookedBuildInfo)'
           against inferred type `PackageDescription'
    In the first argument of `(confHook defaultUserHooks)', namely
        `mydescrip'
    In the expression:
        let
          mydescrip = case os of
                        "mingw32" -> ...
                        _ -> ...
        in (confHook defaultUserHooks) mydescrip flags
    In the definition of `customConfHook':
        customConfHook descrip flags
                         = let
                             mydescrip = case ... of
                                           "mingw32" -> ...
                                           _ -> ...
                           in (confHook defaultUserHooks) mydescrip flags