[Haskell-cafe] Suspected stupid Haskell Question

Dougal Stanton ithika at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 06:51:22 EDT 2007

On 17/10/2007, Dougal Stanton <ithika at gmail.com> wrote:

> No, but it is also trivial to create, with the 'group' function in
> Data.List. I'll stop there though, cos this could be a homework
> question.

It's just occurred to me that answering questions like these is a bit
like the prisoner's dilemma.

 - If I give the full answer and no-one else does, then maybe I'm
doing someone's homework for them?
 - If I just give clues and someone else gives the answer, it makes me
look mean. :-(
 - If we all give the answer, everybody's happy and the blame (if it
was a set question) is spread around a bit.
 - If we all answer with vague hints then it makes the list as a whole
less useful and seem a bit arrogant.

There's no way to win! :-)

D.