[Haskell-cafe] Strange subtract operator behavior

Isaac Dupree isaacdupree at charter.net
Tue Oct 16 17:27:19 EDT 2007

Peter Verswyvelen wrote:
> Personally I could also live with allowing no space between the minus
> sign and the number... If you leave a space, - becomes the subtract
> operator.

I once thought that... there was the opposition that (x-1) subtraction
of a constant appears too often.  And I found that I myself wrote that
several times.  And saying "whitespace on the left but not the right"
seems too complicated for Haskell lexer semantics.  So the current
situation is just unhappy, that's all. (and maybe compiler warnings
could still be implemented)

Isaac