[Haskell-cafe] Help parsing dates and times

Thomas Hartman thomas.hartman at db.com
Tue Oct 16 09:41:18 EDT 2007

dons's blog entry on parsing dates might point somewhere useful

http://cgi.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/blog/2006/11/12#rpn-reloaded

t.

Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>
Sent by: haskell-cafe-bounces at haskell.org
10/15/2007 08:25 PM

Justin Bailey <jgbailey at gmail.com>
cc
Haskell-Cafe <haskell-cafe at haskell.org>
Subject
Re: [Haskell-cafe] Help parsing dates and times

jgbailey:
>    I am trying to parse various date and time formats using the
parseTime
>    function found in (GHC 6.6.1) Data.Time.Format. The one that is
giving me
>    trouble looks like this:
>
>      2008-06-26T11:00:00.000-07:00
>
>    Specifically, the time zone offset isn't covered by the format
parameters
>    given. I can almost parse it with this:
>
>      %FT%X.000
>
>    But that doesn't take into account the "-07:00" bit. I'm sure this
has
>    been solved - can someone point me to the solution? Thanks in
advance.

Is there anything in the parsedate library?

http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/parsedate-2006.11.10

http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/parsedate/2006.11.10/doc/html/System-Time-Parse.html

-- Don

---