[Haskell-cafe] HSSDL (was Pixel Plotter)

Peter Verswyvelen bf3 at telenet.be
Mon Oct 15 15:24:04 EDT 2007

I tried this library on Win32. A very nice initiative indeed.

Currently, I found the following problems:

- as mentioned in the WIN32 readme file, the library does not seem to
work with GHCI. Firstly, it seems to look for incorrect DLLs. When I
copy SDL.DLL to both SDLmain.DLL and SDL.DLL.DLL, then GHCI starts the
Test app, but it hangs as soon as the window is displayed. This behavior
is similar to what I initially had with SOE/Gtk, but that got fixed in
the latest release of Gtk2HS. Maybe the author of Gtk2HS (Duncan?) and
HSSDL ("lemmih") could exchange information on how to get it running
under GHCI?

- the documentation contains links to non-existing files. I had to
rename Graphics.IO.SDL.<name>.html to Graphics-IO-SDL-<name>.html, then
the docs worked.

Cheers,
Peter Verswyvelen