[Haskell-cafe] do

david48 dav.vire+haskell at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 03:14:58 EDT 2007

On 10/14/07, Peter Verswyvelen <bf3 at telenet.be> wrote:

> If you want I can dig up my old source code where I converted a random number
> generator from a purely functional approach to a monadic approach, but I'm not
> sure reading it would help you, it's creating the code yourself that will be useful I
> guess.

Actually I stopped bothering long ago about 'understanding monads'.
After reading many blog posts, wikis, tutorials, etc, often multiple
times, I developped a fuzzy idea of what you can do using monads, and
that's enough for me to use monads like IO, STM, State, Parsec, etc.
without too much problems.

I use haskell to solve many little problems in my job and I'm damned
sad that I can't use it for larger projects.

I feel I'm still a long way from identifying a situation where I would
need to write my own monad, and be able to do it, but by the time such
situation arises, I don't think it'd be too much a problem.

That being said, I plead guilty of not provinding feeback where I
found the doc lacking.
I have no excuse.