[Haskell-cafe] On the verge of ... giving up!

Vimal j.vimal at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 02:49:19 EDT 2007

> The really amazing thing about the IO Monad in Haskell is that
> there *isn't* any magic going on.  An level of understanding
> adequate for using the I/O and State monads stuff (that is,
> adequate for practically anything analogous to what you might
> do in another language) goes like this:[...]

Yes, I am at the stage where I can understand most of whats going on,
as you described it in your email.

I was wondering if understanding Category Theory would help me model
situations better. Thats all :)

But for now, I guess I will stick with this. Assuming that its a black
box and it does what its supposed to do.