[Haskell-cafe] Hosting of Haskell project

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Sun Oct 14 10:22:13 EDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 05:05:28PM +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:

> I've almost reached a state where I wouldn't be ashamed of sharing the
> code so I looked into my options of free hosting.
>
> It seems I only have one option for publishing the code:
>
>  - Request a project on code.haskell.org.
>
> I could only find one option for a "homepage" for the project:
>  - Create a page on the Wiki.
>
> There seems to be no option when it comes to tracking bugs. :-(
>
> I could also not locate any option for publishing haddock pages. :-(

We'd like community.haskell.org to be usable for all of this, it just
needs someone to ask us for something, and then us to get around to
setting it up.

Currently source repos go on code.haskell.org.

We could perhaps have web pages on projects.haskell.org, and some sort
of bug tracker on bugs.haskell.org (or perhaps trac.haskell.org etc).
Would it be better to make things consistent for users, and have all
projects use trac (or something else), or for each project to be able to
easily use the bug tracker of their choice?

Thanks
Ian