[Haskell-cafe] How to thoroughly clean up Haskell stuff on linux

Lihn, Steve horng_twu_lihn at merck.com
Fri Oct 12 17:22:33 EDT 2007

Hi,
I have been hacking the Haskell installation a few days on Redhat Linux.
  GHC 6.6 -> 6.6.1 -> Lambdabot does not work.
  Downgrade to GHC 6.4 -> Still not working, tried cabal-install to
simplify my life, but no luck.
  Then install Cabal, Haddock -> Haddock cannot install bc Lambdabot is
not there. (And some dependency issues.)
  Remove .ghci, Haddock still not work.

It seems the Haskell world (outside the beautiful GHC) is in a recursive
non-functional blackhole.

Anyway, now my question is, how do I thoroughly clean up Haskell? (And
maybe try again after a few days of rest.)

My environment is Redhat Linux, install most stuff on
haddock, etc. It seems there are some hidden files/dirs, .GHC, .ghci,
anything else?

Thanks,
Steve

New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known
outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD
and in Japan, as Banyu - direct contact information for affiliates is
available at http://www.merck.com/contact/contacts.html) that may be
confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this
message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then
delete it from your system.