[Haskell-cafe] pi

jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr
Wed Oct 10 20:11:34 EDT 2007

Jonathan Cast adds 'something' to a discussion about pi.

I commented the statement of Yitzchak Gale, who answered some point
of Dan Piponi:

I said:

>> Can you provide some examples of this "increased usability"?
>>
>> If possible, with a *relevant* context, which shows that PI should belong
>> by default to the class Floating (whatever we mean by that...)
>
> pi /is/ a method of class Floating.  It just doesn't have a default
> implementation.

Now, do you have anything to propose, or you just want to criticise
my wording? If I ask why should I be a nice fellow, and you say that I am
a nice fellow, this makes me happy, but doesn't answer my question...

Mind you, we are discussing possible solutions, not just the status quo.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk