[Haskell-cafe] New slogan for haskell.org

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Wed Oct 10 14:35:49 EDT 2007

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, Seth Gordon wrote:

> Henning Thielemann wrote:
>
>> In my experience only the other way round works: Let people use C, Perl and
>> Python until they find their programs unmaintainable. Then they will become
>> interested in style and discipline and programming languages which
>> _support_ good style.
>
> Perhaps this could be the kernel of a slogan: "If you're having trouble
> maintaining your code because ..., perhaps you should try Haskell."

"Nervous? Anxious? You found an irreproducable bug in your program and
have to fix it until tomorrow? You feel that your code needs essential
cleanup, but you postponed it for long in order to not introduce new bugs?
You can hardly maintain the code as it grows and grows?

Pause a minute!

Maybe we can help. Try Haskell. Its effect is immediate and long-lasting.
There are warrantedly no side effects. It's scientifically approved.
Available without prescription."