[Haskell-cafe] New slogan for haskell.org

Thomas Conway drtomc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 15:53:08 EDT 2007

On 10/8/07, Alistair Bayley <alistair at abayley.org> wrote:
> For me, a large part of Haskell's attraction are the features which
> reflect good engineering practice: strong, static type checking;
> purely functional code; good FFI. It should be easier to write simple,
> reliable software in Haskell than in most other languages; IMO,
> getting the unwashed hordes to use Haskell would be a great
> improvement in software industry productivity.

I recently put it thus to a friend: When it's hard writing a program
in Haskell, it is usually because Haskell makes you think about what
you are doing, and as a consequence you end up doing your thinking
sooner rather than later. This usually ends with better software with
fewer bugs.

Thomas Conway
drtomc at gmail.com

Silence is the perfectest herald of joy:
I were but little happy, if I could say how much.