[Haskell-cafe] New slogan for haskell.org

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Fri Oct 5 12:41:16 EDT 2007

On Oct 5, 2007, at 12:33 , Henning Thielemann wrote:

> http://www.henning-thielemann.de/CHater.html#CvsM3_ControlFlow

I can has English?  :)

If the first large table is any indication, though, we may need to
define "inconsistent".  C syntax shown there is quite consistent;
what it isn't, is designed to keep humans from making certain kinds
of mistakes.  I'm rather mixed on that goal:  on the one hand, C does
attract certain errors due to its syntax, but on the other, a
language designed to coddle the programmer also tends to keep the
programmer from doing useful things.  (What's the last practical
application you've seen in Logo?  Or un-extended Pascal?)

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu