[Haskell-cafe] Re: Typechecker to GADT: the full implementation of a typed DSL

Pasqualino 'Titto' Assini tittoassini at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 12:02:04 EDT 2007

Oleg,

thank you so much for taking the time to provide the example code and the
explanation, it really helps.

My mental typechecker seems to diverge on the  "data EQ a b where  Refl :: EQ
a  a" bit so I am now reading the "typing dynamic typing" paper, hoping for
further enlightment.

If you don't mind, I would have a question regarding the usage of Template
Haskell to convert the AST to a typed term.

I have found this paper by Louis-Julien Guillemette and Stefan Monnier :

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~monnier/tct.pdf

The code that I could extract from the paper (there doesn't seem to be a code
distribution) follows.

I don't see however how this could possibly be used to implement an
interpreter, certainly the AST must be known at compile time, or am I missing
something?

Thanks again,

              titto