[Haskell-cafe] Re: PROPOSAL: New efficient Unicode string library.

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 08:50:23 EDT 2007

> > What the heck does it matter what encoding the library uses
> > internally?
>
> +1 It can even use a non-standard encoding scheme if it wants.

Sounds good to me. I (think) one of my initial questions was if the
encoding should be visible in the type of the UnicodeString type or
not. My gut feeling is that having the type visible might make it hard
to change the internal representation but I haven't yet got a good
example to prove this.

-- Johan