[Haskell-cafe] A tale of three shootout entries

Ryan Dickie goalieca at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 14:25:13 EST 2007

Oops forgot to hit reply-to-all.. resending..

N-body is looking good. I am running and amd64 3000+ on ghc 6.8.1.  The
debian shootout is showing a huge gap between ghc 6.6 and g++ but I am not
seeing that gap.  One concern though is that the code doesn't look very
"haskellish". So much pointer manip.

For the nbody c++ code I am getting:
-0.169075164
-0.169031665

real    0m11.168s
user    0m10.891s
sys     0m0.043s

and for the nbody haskell code I am getting:
-0.169075164
-0.169031665

real    0m11.595s
user    0m11.422s