[Haskell-cafe] New slogan for haskell.org

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 26 14:27:02 EST 2007

Thomas Davie wrote:
> But the point is that this section of the site is the bit that's meant
> to be an advertisement -- we're trying to encourage people to read
> more, and quite frankly, making it a fist full of links would make at
> least me think "Well bugger this if I have to read 10 pages before I
> even have a clue what it is".

Mmm, the man has a point...

I guess it's kinda hard to explain in just a few words why Haskell is
actually so damn cool. I mean, you can write "it enables you to write
less code". (Ever heard that one before?) Or you could say "it makes
your programs more reliable" (er, yes, I believe we've heard that all
before too). Or even, "it enables you to easily harness multicore
computing" (except that it isn't true - yet). Hmm... so we seem to have
a choice between verbose statements that nobody is going to read, or
hopeful promises of "better" which we can't substansiate. Oh dear...