[Haskell-cafe] Re: Pretty-printing peg solitaire boards

Bertram Felgenhauer bertram.felgenhauer at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 26 11:51:18 EST 2007

Maur??cio wrote:
> Actually, I did mean to start with:
>
>   ###
> ###0###
> #######
>   ###
>
> and then go to:
>
>   #0#
> #######
>   ###
>
> My brother's idea is that he can solve any board
> after you choose the initial peg to be removed and
> the first move. He can do it for any combination,
> except for this one.

Heh. He's in for a surprise, there are actually solutions for this.
It was surprisingly hard to find one though. Thanks for the puzzle.
(I won't spoil it here. Ask me off list if you're interested.)

> But your argument is very interesting, indeed!
> I'll try to find that book, we'll like to read it.

It's a series of three books actually. Sadly it's been a long
time since I've read them so I forgot which volume covers which
topics.

Bertram