[Haskell-cafe] Re: More problems [Tetris]

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Thu Nov 22 14:25:47 EST 2007

Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> IMHO, no one in the right mind uses Windows voluntarily. :)
> I'm forced to use it at work, and it's a pain.  But since many are
> forced to use Windows it would be nice if ghc was as well supported on
> Windows and Unix.

What he said. ;-)

I will say this: GHC itself (and the libraries that come with it) seem
to work very well on Windows already. Download installer, double-click,
press [Next] a few times, congratulations, you have a fully functional
(get it?!) Haskell development box. Not much to improve there. (Well...
GHC only adds itself to the current user's PATH, not system-wide. A
switch for this would be nice...)

It's just installing anything from Hackage which turns out to be really
difficult. I understand Windows developers are a tad rare round here, so
maybe that's understandable. I'd certainly be interested in hearing
about anything practical that I can do to improve things on the Windows
side...