[Haskell-cafe] Re: wxHaskell / Proxima (was Tetris)

Gerbo Engels gcengels at cs.uu.nl
Wed Nov 21 15:26:08 EST 2007

Peter Verswyvelen <bf3 at telenet.be> wrote:

> Talking about wxHaskell, one of the applications shown on the website is
> Proxima. I've been looking for something like that for a long time
> (combined structural and freestyle editing). The screenshot
> <http://wxhaskell.sourceforge.net/images/proxima-mac.png> seems to imply
> that it supports Haskell. Anyone has experience with that?

Recently, Proxima changed the GUI from wxHaskell to Gtk2Hs.

And the screenshot is an instantiation of a Helium [1] editor (using
Helium as the backend to show the type information and values in the
editor), so no support for (full) Haskell yet.

But I'm about to start my Master thesis project, which will (partially)
be about creating a Proxima instance using GHC as the backend (and thus
hopefully opening ways to implement a Haskell IDE). So maybe in some
months Proxima does support full Haskell :)

Gerbo

[1] http://www.cs.uu.nl/helium/